by Skylar Wishes
July 4th is a day of celebration in the United States. It's a day to commemorate our independence and reflect on the principles that our country was founded on. This year, take some time to think about what those principles mean to you and how you can live out your patriotism every day. Here are some quotes about patriotism to get you started.
As we celebrate our nation's independence this Fourth of July, let us never forget the brave men and women who have fought to keep our country free. Their sacrifice is a reminder of the high cost of liberty, and their example inspires us to always stand up for what we believe in.
1. "The highest glory of the American Revolution was this: it connected in one indissoluble bond the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity." -John Quincy Adams
2. "I believe that liberty is the only genuinely valuable thing that men have invented, at least in the field of government, in a thousand years. I believe that it is better to be free than to be not free, even when the former is dangerous and the latter safe. I believe that the finest qualities of man can flourish only in free air - that progress made under the shadow of tyranny is false progress, and of no permanent value." Winston Churchill
3. "Those who won our independence...valued liberty as an end and as a means. They believed liberty to be the secret of happiness and courage to be the secret of liberty." -Louis D. Brandeis
4. "The love of liberty has inspired great deeds... The love of country has inspired even greater ones." -General Lafayette
5. "Democracy is based upon the conviction that there are extraordinary possibilities in ordinary people." -Harry Emerson Fosdick
6. "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson
7. "Without freedom, no art; art lives only on the restraints which freedom imposes." -T.S. Eliot
8. "Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." -George Washington
9. "There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right in America." -William J. Clinton
10. "In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved." -Franklin D. Roosevelt
11. "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." -Ronald Reagan
12. "I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom." -Bob Dylan
13. "The price of liberty is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
14. "Without a declaration of independence, without a firm resolve to fight, you may start to win, but you will never complete the victory." -Mao Zedong
15. "If there is no struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass
16. "The price of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission." -John F. Kennedy
17. "I cannot help fearing that men may reach a point where they look on every new theory as a danger, every innovation as a toil, every social advance as a first step toward revolution, and that they may absolutely refuse to move at all." -Alexis de Tocqueville
18. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." -Thomas Jefferson
19. "I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.'" -Martin Luther King Jr.
20. "The only way to keep your freedom is to never give it away." -Bob Dylan
21. "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." -Thomas Paine
22. "Freedom is never given; it is won." -A. Philip Randolph
23. "Let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania! Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado! Let freedom ring from the curvaceous peaks of California! But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia! Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee! Let freedom ring from every hill and every molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring." -Martin Luther King Jr.
24. "The United States is founded upon a love of liberty and a devotion to justice. These principles, written into our founding documents, have shaped our country and our history. They continue to give strength to our nation and meaning to our lives." -George W. Bush
25. "In America, the ability to make money is a function of freedom." -Milton Friedman
26. "America did not invent human rights. In a very real sense, human rights invented America." -Jimmy Carter
27. "I believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute--where no Catholic prelate would tell the President (should he be Catholic) how to act, and no Protestant minister would tell his parishioners for whom to vote--where no church or church school is granted any public funds or political preference--and where no man is denied public office merely because his religion differs from the President who might appoint him or the people who might elect him." -John F. Kennedy
28. "The American Revolution was a beginning, not a conclusion." -Woodrow Wilson
29. "As government expands, liberty contracts." -Ronald Reagan
One of the best ways to celebrate Independence Day is by reading quotes about freedom. These quotes can inspire patriotism and remind us of the importance of liberty. Reading July 4th quotes can also be a way to reflect on our own personal freedoms. Here are some of our favorite July 4th quotes:
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." - Thomas Jefferson
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do." - Edward Everett Hale
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus
"Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed-else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
"In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved." - Franklin D. Roosevelt
"liberty is always dangerous, but it is the safest thing we have." - Harry Emerson Fosdick
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." - Noam Chomsky
"Without freedom of thought, there can be no such thing as wisdom - and no such thing as public liberty without freedom of speech." - Benjamin Franklin
"Freedom is not something that anybody can be given. Freedom is something people take and people are as free as they want to be." - James Baldwin
"There can be no greater issue than that of civil liberty. To deny that freedom is the right of all, simply because some may abuse it, is like saying there should be no food because some might overeat." - Thomas Paine
"Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine
"Freedom lies in being bold." - Robert Frost
"The most powerful weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed." - Steve Biko
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus
"For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others." - Nelson Mandela
"I believe in America because we have great dreams, and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true." - Wendell L. Wilkie
"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost." -Thomas Jefferson
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." -Ronald Reagan
This July 4, take a moment to reflect on the incredible history of our country and the brave men and women who have fought to keep us free. As we enjoy the holiday with family and friends, let us also remember those who are no longer with us, and those who are serving our country far from home. The Fourth of July is a very special day in America. It is a day when we celebrate our independence and freedom. On this day, we remember all of the brave men and women who have fought for our country. We also remember all of the people who have made America great.
To all those who have served or are serving our country, thank you for your sacrifice. Freedom isn't free.
Today we celebrate the birthday of America. A country founded on the principles of freedom and liberty. Let us never take these things for granted.
I am so proud to be an American. We have faced many challenges throughout our history but we have always come out stronger in the end. God Bless America!
Happy birthday, America! Thank you to all those who have fought and continue to fight for our great nation.
Today we celebrate America's independence. A day to reflect on all that we have accomplished as a country and to look forward to all that we will achieve in the future. God Bless the USA!
As we celebrate America's birthday, let us remember the brave men and women who have fought and continue to fight for our freedom. Thank you for your service!
On this special day, let us all come together and show our pride in being Americans. United we stand, divided we fall. God Bless America!
Today is a day to celebrate our country and everything that makes it great. From its stunning natural beauty to its resilient people, America is truly exceptional. Happy birthday, USA!
Let us never forget what makes America the greatest country in the world - our freedom. Thanks to all those who have fought to protect it throughout history. Happy Fourth of July!
Wishing a very happy Fourth of July to all my fellow Americans. Let us all take a moment to appreciate the liberties we enjoy as citizens of this great country. God Bless America!
To the men and women in the military, thank you for your service. Thank you for your bravery. Thank you for everything you do to keep us safe.
To the police officers and first responders, thank you for your service. Thank you for your bravery. Thank you for everything you do to keep us safe.
To the teachers, thank you for your dedication. Thank you for working hard to educate our children. They are our future.
To the doctors and nurses, thank you for your dedication. Thank you for working hard to keep us healthy.
To all of the people who work hard every day to make America great, thank you. We appreciate everything you do.
Wishing you a happy and safe 4th of July!
May your holiday be filled with family, friends, food and fun!
Wishing you all the best on this special day!
Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July!
The 4th of July is a special day for Americans all across the country. It's a time to celebrate our independence and freedom, and to reflect on the values that make America great. On this 4th of July, take a moment to think about what you're thankful for. Maybe it's your family, your friends, your job, or your freedoms. Whatever it is, take a moment to appreciate it. And don't forget to send some Fourth of July wishes to your loved ones! Here are some ideas to get you started:
Happy 4th of July! Wishing you all the happiness and joy that this special day can bring.
Sending you lots of love on this 4th of July. Wishing you a happy and fun-filled day!
Wishing you a wonderful 4th of July! May your day be filled with all the things that make you happy.
Happy 4th of July! I hope you have a fantastic day surrounded by the people you love most.
Sending you my best wishes on this 4th of July. I hope you have a fun and safe day celebrating our great nation!
Wishing you a very happy 4th of July! Enjoy every minute of this special day.
May your 4th of July be filled with all the things that bring you happiness and joy. Wishing you a wonderful day!
Happy 4th of July! I hope you enjoy every minute of this special day. Wishing you all the happiness in the world!
Enjoy your 4th of July! I hope you have a wonderful day celebrating our great nation.
Wishing you a fun and safe 4th of July! Enjoy every minute of this special day.
Happy 4th of July! Wishing you all the happiness that this special day can bring.
Sending lots of love to you on this 4th of July. Wishing you a happy and fun-filled day!
Warmest wishes for a happy and fun-filled July 4th! May your day be filled with all the joys that this special holiday brings!
Happy Independence Day! Wishing you all a day of happiness and pride in being American!
May your 4th of July be filled with fun, family, friends and fireworks! Wishing you all a happy and safe holiday!
Have a wonderful 4th of July! I hope you enjoy every minute of this special day celebrating our great country's independence!
Wishing you a fantastic 4th of July full of family, friends, food and fun! Have a blast celebrating our nation's birthday!
Sending patriotic wishes for a joyous 4th of July celebration with those you love most. Wishing you all a happy and memorable holiday!
Safe and happy Fourth of July to you and yours! I hope you enjoy a wonderful day full of family, friends, food and fun!
Wishing you all a very happy 4th of July! Enjoy the day celebrating our great country with those you love most!
In conclusion, quotes from the Founding Fathers about Independence Day show that the holiday is about more than just fireworks and barbecues. It is a time to reflect on the principles of liberty and democracy that our country was founded on. We can look forward to celebrating Independence Day in 2022 with renewed appreciation for what it means to be American. Let's take this opportunity to remember the sacrifices of those who have fought for our freedom, and resolve to continue upholding the values that make us proud to call ourselves Americans. Happy Fourth of July!
About Skylar Wishes
Skylar Wishes is a gifted writer who enjoys writing inspirational quotes and messages that uplift and motivate others. She has a passion for helping people to see their own potential and to reach their highest aspirations. Her words are simple, but they carry a lot of weight.