by Skylar Wishes
March 14th is PI day, and to celebrate we've collected some of the best quotes about this mathematical constant. From famous mathematicians to popular cultural references, these quotes help explain why PI is so important - and why it's worth celebrating!
Happy PI Day, everyone! In honor of this special occasion, we've gathered some of the most famous Pi quotes and their meanings. Read on to learn more!
1. "I think I can safely say that nobody understands quantum mechanics." - Richard Feynman
This quote from Nobel Prize-winning physicist Richard Feynman highlights the inherent difficulties in understanding quantum mechanics. Even those who are experts in the field don't always know what's going on!
2. "There is no logical way to the discovery of these elemental laws. There is only the way of intuition, which is helped by a good deal of experience." - Albert Einstein
This quote from Albert Einstein emphasizes the importance of intuition in scientific discovery. Often, the best way to find new laws is simply to follow your gut.
3. "The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible." - Albert Einstein
This quote from Albert Einstein highlights the inherent mystery of our universe. No matter how much we learn, there will always be more to discover.
4. "Pi goes on forever, and that's why it's called infinity." - Carl Sagan
This quote from astronomer Carl Sagan emphasizes the never-ending nature of pi. It just keeps going and going and going!
5. "An equal opportunities Pi Day: 3/14 = 3.14 = March 14th = 3141." - Neil deGrasse Tyson
This quote from astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson celebrates Pi Day in an egalitarian way. Everyone gets the same opportunity to celebrate this special day!
6. "The universe is a pretty big place. If it's just us, seems like an awful waste of space." - Carl Sagan
This quote from Carl Sagan highlights the vastness of the universe and our tiny place in it. Even though we're just one planet orbiting one star out of billions, it's still a pretty amazing place.
7. "I think I can safely say that nobody understands quantum mechanics." - Richard Feynman
8. "There is no logical way to the discovery of these elemental laws. There is only the way of intuition, which is helped by a good deal of experience." - Albert Einstein
9. "The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible." - Albert Einstein
10. "Pi goes on forever, and that's why it's called infinity." - Carl Sagan
11. "An equal opportunities Pi Day: 3/14 = 3.14 = March 14th = 3141." - Neil deGrasse Tyson
12. "The universe is a pretty big place. If it's just us, seems like an awful waste of space." - Carl Sagan
March 14th is Pi Day, a day to celebrate the mathematical constant π (pi). This irrational number has been around for centuries, and is used in many mathematical formulas. Pi Day is celebrated by mathematicians and math enthusiasts all over the world. There are many ways to celebrate Pi Day. Some people eat pi-themed food on March 14th, while others participate in pi recitation contests or try to memorize as many digits of pi as they can. No matter how you choose to celebrate, be sure to enjoy this special day dedicated to one of mathematics' most important constants! Here are some quotes to celebrate this special day:
"Pi is irrational. And that's why we love it." - Stephen Hawking
"He who does not know pi, knows nothing about circles." - Japanese proverb
"Pi is the most rational number in the world." - Michael Atiyah
"The mathematical universe is also orderly. It's reasonable because it conforms to pi and its multiples." - Michio Kaku
"I am grateful for pi. Without it, I would never have become a mathematician." - Lisa Randall
"Pi is the most important number in mathematics. It is an irrational number that begins with 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288… and goes on forever." - Danica McKellar
"I have never met a mathematician I didn't like." - Alfred North Whitehead
"Pi is the most important thing in mathematics and nobody knows what it is." - David Hilbert
"There are three types of people in the world: those who can count, and those who can't." - Unknown
"On this Pi Day, let us celebrate the never-ending possibilities that math and science offer." -President Barack Obama
"Pi is everything." -Cynthia Lanius
"Life is like pi, natural and irrational." -Danica McKellar
"I wonder if they'll ever discover an exact formula for pi." -Lisa Simpson
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" -Isaac Asimov
"Pi day is a great day to celebrate how far we've come in math science." -Bill Nye
"Pi is the key to the universe." -Lisa Simpson
"The number pi is a very important number in math. It's an irrational number, which means it goes on forever and ever without repeating." -Brian P. Cleary
"A circle has no beginning or end... just like pi!" -Cynthia Lanius
"I always thought pi was simply stunning." -Karl Pilkington
As we come to the end of our exploration of PI Day quotes, it's important to remember that pi is more than just a mathematical constant. It's a symbol of perseverance and determination in the face of insurmountable odds. And as we all know, success is only possible if we keep moving forward. So on this Pi Day, let's celebrate pi and everything it stands for by embracing these three essential qualities: passion, intelligence and creativity. How will you use these qualities to achieve your goals? Let us know in the comments below!
About Skylar Wishes
Skylar Wishes is a gifted writer who enjoys writing inspirational quotes and messages that uplift and motivate others. She has a passion for helping people to see their own potential and to reach their highest aspirations. Her words are simple, but they carry a lot of weight.